Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Show All Answers
The City of Fort Morgan adds a disagreeable odor to natural gas to warn people in case any gas should escape. Gas leaks may occur from faulty appliances, loose connections, service lines inside or outside your home or from gas mains. Such leaks should be dealt with immediately by experts.
If you ever smell gas – even if you do not use it in your home, take these precautions promptly:
1. Leave your home immediately and take others with you! 2. Call the City of Fort Morgan at 867-4350 from a neighbor's home for 24-hour service.3. If the odor is strong and you are indoors, open windows and doors to ventilate. 4. Do not use any devices that might create a spark, such as light switches, cell phones or even computers. The spark could ignite the gas. 5. Do not light matches, smoke cigarettes or create any source of combustion.
However slim the chance of danger, don’t take needless risks. Play it safe. Call the City if you smell gas.