Join Our Team
If you would like to Join Our Team, go to job openings with the City of Fort Morgan for the job application and job requirements.
City of Fort Morgan
Covers 4.5 square miles and with a population of approximately 11,000 residents, the Fort Morgan Police Department's 32 officers patrol the city with a community policing philosophy. Located on the Northeastern Plains of Colorado. Fort Morgan is the county seat of Morgan County and is the industrial, commercial, and recreational hub of Northeastern Colorado.
The Fort Morgan Police Department takes pride in our professionalism. We are a forward-thinking department that provides police services with a community policing philosophy. We are looking for dedicated individuals ready to make a positive difference in our department.
The City of Fort Morgan strives to be competitive with our pay and benefits. Our hope is to draw and maintain qualified, professional candidates. New officer starting is $63,714 and will receive a pay increase to $68,487 after completing the field training program (FTO); then become eligible for a pay increase annually based on the training plan. Lateral Officers starting pay is between $70,874 to $78,521 depending on qualifications.
Certified Officer Relocating to Colorado
Applicant must be fully certified within the preceding three years and have served as a certified law enforcement in a full or part-time status in good standing in such other state or federal jurisdiction for more than one year. Applicant must also meet the Rule 11 - Provisional Certification requirements for Colorado Post.
Specialized Assignments offered at the Fort Morgan Police Department
|Field Training Officer
|Special Enforcement Team
|School Resource Officer
|Crisis Negotiation Unit
|Terrorism Liaison Officer
|Defensive Tactics Instructor
Recruitment Process (order may vary)
- Submittal and Review of Resume and Application
- Physical Agility
- Structured Oral Board Interview
- Background Investigation
- CVSA (Computer Voice Stress Analysis)
- Psychological Evaluation
- Pre-Employment Physical Screening
- Drug Screen
- Interview with Chief of Police
All Employee benefits and supplemental insurance options are effective the first of the month following the date of hire.
- 3-day weekend - every other week
- Employer-paid health insurance (various plan options available; one option provided to employee includes family at no premium cost)
- Employer-paid dental insurance (employee-only coverage paid by City; other levels of coverage available as employee-paid)
- Optional vision and supplemental insurance (100% employee paid)
- Employer-paid group term life and short-term disability insurance
- Voluntary additional term life insurance and long-term disability insurance available (100% employee paid)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Police Pension Plan - defined contribution with an equal match
- Generous Paid Time Off accrued bi-weekly; able to use upon accrual
- Eleven paid holidays per year (one is employee's choice)
- Department-issued equipment and uniforms (includes dry cleaning costs)
- Take-home vehicle (if you live within 5 miles of city limits)
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Wellness Program (allows for opportunity to earn additional 32 hrs. of paid time off)
- Membership to the Fieldhouse
- Membership to Golf Course