How to Register to Vote
Citizens may register to vote by email
or at the:
Morgan County Clerk and Recorder's Office
231 Ensign St.
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Phone: (970) 542-3521
Voter Registration Requirements
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Citizen of the United States
- Reside in Colorado and the City of Fort Morgan for 32 days immediately preceding election
When is the General Municipal Election Held?
This election is always held on the first Tuesday in November in odd-numbered years. The next election is November 5, 2019.
Initiative, Referendum, & Recall
These are allowable per the City of Fort Morgan's Charter
and any other state statutes.
Municipal Election Candidate Requirements
- A registered elector at the time of filing a registered petition
- 18 years of age or older
- All candidates shall reside in the City for one year immediately prior to the date of election; a Councilmember shall reside in the ward from which he or she is elected
- Official election papers and documents are taken out from the City Clerk as early as 90 days prior to the election
- The candidates have 20 days to get the required number of signatures on the nomination petitions
- Mayor candidates need 50 signatures and Councilmember candidates need 20 signatures from their respective wards